Jake and Hillary’s day was a classic St. Louis wedding – from getting ready overlooking downtown to portraits under The Gateway Arch. I loved being able to celebrate with them in our city, there was so much joy and pride in representing a place we all love so much. In this post, we’re going to give you a look into their day and lots of inspiration for your own St. Louis wedding planning!
Their day started at a hotel overlooking downtown. The views from the bridal suite were stunning and I loved being able to even see the Arch right outside their window. From there, we went to the Shrine of Saint Joseph, a historic church dating back to 1846. Its regal and intricate architecture made for a stunning backdrop for a wedding.
After the ceremony, we took urban bridal party portraits – which was a fun change of pace from my normal greenery-focused wedding photography. I loved the hats that the men had, it was such a fun touch of personality added. The whole vibe was modern and fun. We stopped by Ted Drewes on the way to the reception for ice cream and I loved that they incorporated a local STL favorite into their day!
From there, we went to The palladium for their reception. It was elegant and so lovely. They had intentional details ranging from honoring their family members who had passed away to a fun little Mad Libs game. We ended their night with such a fun dance and of course, a sparkler exit!
St. Louis Wedding Vendors:
- Dress Designer and Place of Purchase: Maribel from Lotus Threads, Town and Country Bridal
- Florist: Soulard Florist
- Hair & Makeup Artist: Salon Fleur De Lis
- Ceremony Venue: Shrine of Saint Joseph
- Reception Venue: The Palladium
- DJ/Entertainment Services: Alpha Omega Entertainment
- Videographer: Byler Media
- Cake and Catering: Butler’s Pantry
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Town and Country Bridal
- Groomsmen and Groom Attire: Town and Country Bridal
- Invitations: The Knot
- Favors: Honey jars